Tuesday, April 5, 2011

PW~Blackberry Cobbler

My mom bought me the Pioneer Woman Cooks Cookbook, if you don't own it....you should try it.  It has beautiful pictures, is laid out very nicely, and the recipes are simple and easy to follow.  This will not win me a popularity contest and I hope not to receive hate mail for this but I find her stories about Marlboro Man completely nauseating:)  If you do as well....look past it, the recipes are worth it:)

You will find this Blackberry Cobbler totally addicting, AND  super easy!  If you take it to a get together they will also think you are a creative cooking genius!

Ingredients

  • 1 stick Butter
  • 1-¼ cup Sugar
  • 1 cup Self-Rising Flour
  • 1 cup Milk
  • 2 cups Blackberries (frozen Or Fresh)

Preparation Instructions

Melt butter in a microwavable dish. Pour 1 cup of sugar and flour into a mixing bowl, whisking in milk. Mix well. Then, pour in melted butter and whisk it all well together. Butter a baking dish.
Now rinse and pat dry the blackberries. Pour the batter into the buttered baking dish. Sprinkle blackberries over the top of the batter; distributing evenly. Sprinkle ¼ cup sugar over the top.
Bake in the oven at 350 degrees for 1 hour, or until golden and bubbly. If you desire, sprinkle an additional teaspoon of sugar over the cobbler 10 minutes before it’s done.

The family would have literally made themselves sick on this if I would have allowed it....it's that good!!!!

Thanks for stopping by:)

1 comment:

  1. Stephanie (Ratmama)April 19, 2011 at 9:15 AM

    I loved it so much that I had 2 helpings when you brought it! Definitely adding this to my recipe book!!! Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete