Monday, October 18, 2010

Super exciting world of paperweights:)

Since I have two followers now:)))  I can't let them down by not blogging about something,  so here is a little project I created about a month ago.....I call it a paperweight, mostly because I like paperweights!  I know...weird, but years ago paperweights were collected and widely produced.  Read more about that here @ Wikipedia

I created this by using a lid to the top of a yankee candle(the wooden lids), scrapbooking paper, mod podge, paint, ribbon, initial stamp, ink, sandpaper, matte sealer spray,  and distressing ink.  I painted the lid white, then decoupaged that paper onto the top of the lid, then used my sandpaper to rough up the paper and take off the edges.  Another layer of mod podge was put on, and I let it dry for about 30 minutes. I distressed again with sandpaper, diestressing ink was applied, then I attached the chipboard which I painted and distressed as well to the top of the lid and placed in the middle.  Using another piece of scrapbooking paper I already had a circle cut out of this, used this smaller circle on top of the chipboard and stamped an "R" for my last name, attached with spray adhesive. I sprayed the entire thing with a matte sealant spray, twice.   I tied a matching ribbon around the edges, and used just a very small amount of glue to keep it attached....since little hands are often picking it up!  The above picture of the finished project is while the paperweight was still wet from sealant spray...it appears a little shiny but if you have the matte it does dry to a duller finish. 

ok, so I couldn't take it and took another picture of the dry and finished project. 


No comments:

Post a Comment