Hi everyone...time seems to be getting away from me these days! This post has been on my mind for quite some time, first off I started with this printable from the Betty Crocker Wannabe. Super cute, and so many possibilities! After a trip to the Home Depot for supplies, and then another to wal-mart for ink....I was ready to get started!
My plain block, measuring 6 x 6(really about 5 1/2) was sanded and primed with spray paint...after another spray of primer, I painted it with red folk art paint.
After letting paint completely dry, I sanded some of the edges off and antiqued with a Tim Holtz tea dyed stamp pad. I used the printable in its original size, it fit my block of wood perfectly so I decided to keep it original size. Before attaching the printable, I used the stamp pad again around the edges. Then used the canvas corp scrapbooking glue to attach mine but regular glue or even a glue stick would work...just work out the wrinkles.
With everything attached, again the entire thing was sanded over one time, then spray glitter was applied to the entire front of the block. I use a box to apply spray glitter, it still goes everywhere but it does help control the process! The finial at the top came in pieces from Hobby Lobby, after gluing the pieces together I painted, sanded and antiqued. The block of wood did not come with a hole in the top, so I took out my handy drill and put a small hole in the top for my finial. I also put a small dab of glue to make sure the finial did not come out!
To finish it up, I found a tiny clotthespin which I hot glued to the finial...I wanted to be able to use a picture I had cording from canvas corp that I wrapped around several times and attached a tim holtz charm. See the finished project below!
Thanks for stopping by to take a look!!!
The 18 Month Mark
13 years ago






No comments:
Post a Comment