Sunday, February 6, 2011

Bread Pudding w/Blueberry Lemon Sauce

Hello! I would like to apologize for my lack of postings lately.  The family got big news on Friday and I think I have been in a tailspin ever since....I know, as with all ten moves this family has gone through with the military, it all works out but WOW....it sure is alot to think about!  Especially in a brain that already feels like it filled to maximum capacity:)  Anyway, the news is about the move...and we are headed to Germany!  So super excited I can barely stand it!!!!  

On to why you clicked on the page in the first place....the recipe!  Made this last week for my family...in Sam's they had blueberries, which jogged my memory of this recipe and made my mouth water for it!  If you make it....be prepared to hide a piece for later in the fridge!  Also, I found my blueberries at Sam's and I believe Costco also has them.  Both of these stores have them in larger packages, they are fresh and always tasty.  

Bread Pudding w/Blueberry Lemon Sauce
1 1/2 Cups of sugar
4 large eggs
2 Cups Whipping Cream(never claimed it was healthy:)
2 Cups Milk
1 Tablespoon grated Lemon rind(I use lemon rind from the spice section)
1/2 teaspoon groung nutmeg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 16 oz. stale french bread, cut into 2-inch cubes
1 Cup fresh or frozen blueberries

Beat sugar and egs at medium speed until fluffy.  Add whipping cream and next four ingredients beating until blended.  Fold in bread cubes and blueberries.  Pour into lightly greased 13 x 9 pan.  Bake at 375 degrees for 40-45 minutes.  Let stand for about ten minutes to cool.


Sauce:
1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
1/2 Cup fresh lemon juice
1/2 Cup sugar
1 Tablespoon corn starch
1 1/2 cups fresh blueberries of frozen.  

Bring first 4 ingredients to a boil in a sauce pan over medium heat.  Add blueberries and reduce heat, stirring constantly for 3 to 5 minutes until sauce thickens.  

Cut up bread into squares and spoon sauce over it! 


Thanks for stopping by!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment