At the beginning of March I made my friend Lindsay a wood block with her new baby boys name, Levi! Have not sent it yet Lindsay...spring break really took me by surprise this year:) So, after making something for a little boy...I knew I had to make something for a girl as well! Ms. Madisen is the daughter of my great friend Madeleine,who is already in Germany and I know she is anxiously awaiting my arrival:)))LOL!!!!! It is going to be to much fun!!!!
If you have read my blog in the last couple of months, you know that I have gone a little crazy with the blocks of wood. Won't say I get stuck in a rut but I get addicted to all the possibilities.....it is just a block of wood, but you can do so much with it!!!!!! With this block of wood, I could not find any printables that I absolutely loved or could just add to so I decided to make my own. I used Photoshop, if you have considered purchasing any software such as photoshop CS5 or photoshop elements(cheaper)....just do it! Such an awesome program...you will pay for it dearly but it is worth it! I found a free photoshop brush that I absolutely fell in love with and applied it to the program.
The first block is a shabby chic green, the printable is plain with Madisen's name put across the front. It is a dark pink....normally I go darker with all of my colors and the reason is because if you sand the paper and even when you use sealant it will appear lighter on the wood. After sanding the paint and applying Tim Holtz tea stain dye, I applied the printable with Canvas Corp glue that is nearing the end of the bottle! After drying spray glitter was applied and I used leftover ribbon from my tassel project and tied a bow to the top. A small drop of glue was applied to the back and the actual bow to make the ribbon stay put.
This block was done almost exactly the same except the printable is smaller and a tutu brush was added on photoshop. The block was sanded, tea stained, printable was applied and spray glittered. The bow is just larger ribbon and hot glue was used to make it stay put.
Thanks for stopping by to take a look!
The 18 Month Mark
13 years ago




No comments:
Post a Comment