A few weeks ago I started putting all the great printables I have been finding on blocks of wood. I started with this Valentines Day printable...and it didn't stop there. Are you interested in creating stuff out of blocks of wood? Don't have a way to cut your wood down to the size that you want? head over to your local home depot, lowes, etc., and they will cut it for you! Personally, I have every power tool known to man BUT let's face it....having someone else do it for you is always easier:))) Plus, no mess in your garage and it is a service they provide...so don't let the obstacle of no power tools, messes, etc., get in the way of letting your creative juices flow!
This Subway Art printable is so cute, I found it over at Betty Crocker Wannabe. If you have Photoshop, Gimp, or Paint.net, there are endless possibilities with this printable....personally, I thought is was absolutely awesome the way it looked! I sized the printable two ways, the first I made very small to place on a block of wood but didn't really like it being so small. I wanted my family to be able to read it! So I made it into an 8 x 10 and placed on a .97 cent plaque that I found at Wal-Mart.
The plaque needed primer so I applied it a spray paint primer, then painted white with craft paint. After painting, the printable was applied with Canvas Corp glue. I used a Tim Holtz sanding block(best invention, ever!), over the entire project....after sanding I used the Tim Holtz tea dye stain to age the plaque. I sanded lightly one more time, and applied a spray sealant to the entire project. To jazz up the entire plaque a little, I used the drill to put holes in the top of the plaque, after drilling you may have to sand the holes down...depending on how rough the wood looks. Normally I would have done this in the beginning but the drilling and ribbon was an afterthought! After holes are complete thread ribbon through. I tied the bow above the words, and used the ribbon as a hanger for the plaque.
The first picture is after I placed the printable on the wood.
and below is the finished product!
Thanks for stopping by to take a look!
The 18 Month Mark
13 years ago




No comments:
Post a Comment