Last Sunday when Southern Alabama was calling for snow and freezing rain, I made chicken and dumplings for the family! They did NOT mess around with these things! I am fairly certain there were a few stomachaches afterwards but boy were they good. I made chicken and dumplings a little different than most so I am sharing my recipe. The reason I make them this way is because I do not like touching chicken...I know it is a weird thing but I just do not like it. So I use about three large containers of chicken broth, two to three cans of chicken(yes, canned chicken...I realize I could be kicked out of the South for such a thing!), bisquick for the dumplings, salt and pepper to taste. I normally make two batches of the dumplings and I mix those up first. Then in a large pot I pour in the chicken broth and bring to a boil. Then throw in the canned chicken...bring to a rolling boil and start adding dumplings by the spoonful. Usually the dumplings are still to big, so I tend to cut them up as it boils. Let boil for ten to fifteen minutes and continuously stir and separate the dumplings. Turn down heat and let simmer for about ten minutes, this will allow the dumplings to set up and not be runny(my picture was taken when Brett had to have a plate), Salt and pepper to taste, ladle into bowl and enjoy!!! Hope you enjoy them as much as my family does!
The 18 Month Mark
13 years ago



looks great! i've always wanted to try chicken and dumplings. i can't wait to have my kitchen back!
ReplyDelete