Sunday, January 23, 2011

Trash to Treasure

My husband and I eat almonds like there is no tomorrow, needless to say we are left with these empty containers after all the almonds are gone.  I have kept wondering what I could use the empty containers for and thought...what about my craft supplies!  After scraping off all of the label that would come off with just my fingernails, the goo gone came out and it came off with ease! 




The lid was a green color....I knew this would bug me so I painted the lid with a spray paint meant to cover and stay on plastic, this was used as a primer. Later painted a cream color with regular spray paint and sprayed with spray glitter.  



I measured the area where I wanted paper placement and began cutting paper to fit the area.  The paper used is from Canvas Corp  After cutting the paper, I rounded the edges with the Creative Memories corner rounder, lightly sanded each piece, then antiqued with a Tim Holtz distressing pad(tea dye).  
The Canvas Corp glue works great for stacking the papers, this glue makes it stick....and stick well:)  It also will not wrinkle the paper when it is drying.  Normally I like to let each layer dry just a bit before placing another layer on top. The middle of the layer is two round circles that were cut out with the Creative Memories circle punch.  The top circle was stamped with a circle stamp that reads "from the heart".



To finish off the top of the project, I found ribbon that was used in my tassel project, and hemp cord from Canvas Corp.  A chipboard embellishment that I found in my supplies was dyed to match the ribbon with a stamp pad.  Letting the chipboard dry, I tied the ribbon around the top and heated up the glue gun!  Then attached the chipboard with hot glue.  



Below is the entire finished project!

Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. i LOVE this too :) can you come and live with me and decorate my home?

    ReplyDelete