Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Holiday Memories

Now that I have successfully taken and downloaded all my photographs...yes, I still need to get them printed out..but two out of three definitely is not a bad start!  I decided I needed a mini holiday scrapbook to put all those photos in.  Over our Christmas vacation Jon and I made a deal...if we take the hour and a half trip from my parents to Fayetteville, AR to buy Razorback gear, he can take me to a Signed, Sealed, Delivered in Rogers, AR:)))  I believe it was a fair trade...trust me both parties involved suffered dearly!  This was so fun to make...here is what I started with:  Canvas Corp paper, and I bought LOTS, they have some of the best paper I have ever used!  Chipboard album that I picked up on clearance at Michaels for $2.00.  





I cut my paper to match the chipboard then used Canvas Corp paper and mounting glue, awesome glue that when you put on pretty much anything...makes it STICK!







 After sticking the paper I used a sandpaper block to rough up every page, then distressed with a distressing stamp pad...around the edges.  




 The first page I set up with a Merry Christmas stamp that I have had for a few years, cut out, stacked on a patterned piece of the same paper, then used spray glitter, and finished it off with a ribbon.


The bird stamp that I had never used was another in this same set.  I would tell you the name but the package was thrown away and I have no idea...Im fairly certain it was a cheap set I picked up at Michaels.  Below is the first page on the inside of the album.  Used ribbon I bought at Target for a dollar.





 Hit a mental block when I got to the third page, I layered ribbon and that was it:)

 Finally by the fourth page.....I was back on track. The letter stamps worked great, and I used the circle cutter from creative memories to make these perfect circles on the bottom on this page!

I stacked ribbon again on this page then used the circle cutter, snowflake stamp, and my favorite...the spray glitter!

 For some reason I always have one page in my scrapbooks that just look like....wow, what was she thinking!LOL  Well this is that page:)  Going through my stack of stuff, I saw these rub-ons and decided to use them!  Personally I love the page...Im hoping you have the same reaction!
The "tis the season" page turned out so cute.  I love the coordinating papers with the stripes and dots.  I layered ribbon and stacked the cardstock.  To stamp the "tis the season"  I used the opposite side of the cardstock.  Normally I would not waste precious printed cardstock but I wanted it to match.  Also, I should have mentioned earlier that on all the cut outs of the cardstock that I stamped, I used the sandpaper and distressing pad on those as well.  To distress the paper, I only go around the edge...I feel like that gives it more of an antiqued look.   Spray glitter was also used on this stamped cut out. 

 This stamp, I LOVED!  Found it in the stamp box and had to use it with the "I believe" ribbon.  




The back of the album is ribboned, stamped, and spray glittered!  Used another stamp from my found Christmas collection!  Around the ring of my album, I cut different strands, and various lengths of the ribbon used throughout the album.

Thanks for stopping by!!!

2 comments: